EASY LEMON HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST

 A good chicken breast is one of those foods that you’re only going to make once but then you need something easy and quick and yummy and fast. And when done right you’ll never want to eat another piece of meat again! But sometimes we don’t get to prepare some great chicken dishes because…well….the recipe doesn’t look too hot and buttery enough! Or maybe the texture isn’t quite as chewy as everyone would like. So I thought why not just give this recipe out to friends and family in case they didn’t know how to cook or if anyone was looking for an alternative dish that looked just as good as all the other ones on their menus? Well now we have our chicken breasts at last! Enjoy!



You can use any kind of chicken or you can substitute the shredded chicken for a different type of meat. Honestly, if your main goal is flavor and enjoyment why wouldn’t you give your recipe extra effort to make it even better!?

I didn’t put anything in the pan until about 4 minutes ago and it’s already browned nicely on the bottom. I also added some vegetables into that pan before I started cooking and they are nice and crispy.

Now let’s start baking! As soon as I popped them into the oven and waited for them to come out a little bit brown before adding them into the pan with the bread crumbs, then I realized that there wasn’t much else I needed to do at that point. What did I have to do? You guessed it- it was time to start frying them! And my first instinct was to turn off the burner! Oh well, nothing happened and the pan was still very warm...so what could go wrong! Turns out everything was fine.


                                                                                  Image by ÐšÐ°Ñ€Ð¸Ð½Ð° Панченко from Pixabay

I took a deep breath. Okay, the whole chicken breast should be cooked for about 10 minutes. The best way to see if I was doing it right was to take a bite out of it. It tasted fantastic!!! Even though I knew I shouldn’t have done that, because some people tend to chew the skin and bones first! Hahaha I guess I’m a picky eater anyway!

I had to add 2 cups of water into the pan just before flipping it over. That makes sure that it really gets nice and tender in a short amount of time. I had no idea it was actually taking so long for me to flip it; I thought it was taking forever because of all the crumbs on the bottom! Then I heard grumbling sounds from under the house where I used to sit up watching TV and making popcorn last night. Ahhh I guess being awake watching tv has been helping me realize that the oven has gotten pretty darn old. Anyway. Let's continue cooking!!!

And that’s when I realized I was going to need more oil than just the flour. Not because I really wanted to use a lot or because I wanted them all to soak up all that grease...but because it was time to buy some olive oil.

I used about twice as much butter as I normally would...but there were two things I didn’t think about beforehand. First, I hadn’t even planned on using white vinegar yet. Second, I didn’t plan on heating the eggs yet. Now it really does start to smell a little fishy! Hahaha I wonder if the milk will actually evaporate or not so I hope that won't spoil these amazing flavors. Luckily the ingredients are pretty cheap right now. If you have any leftovers, don't forget to freeze them!

Finally, after what seems like forever (the timer went off), we were ready to bake! We turned over half of the chicken breasts and baked the rest for 20 minutes. They came out perfectly crisp, juicy, and delicious!! Yum yum yum yum! We had fun baking chicken!

So, once all of them came out they were now sitting in a shallow bowl covered in foil and waiting to be served. At least here we have tasty baked chicken. Did someone have any suggestions for some fancy desserts for the next few days?! Perhaps we might try making cauliflower cheese cookies for the kids who haven’t eaten in years, eh? That will be so cool! Alright, now I have some leftovers for dessert. Good thing I found out how to make carrot cake instead of chocolate chip cookies this morning. Also, for those who don’t like yogurt, I made oat milk ice cream and it's delicious!

These chicken breasts are great for dinner parties because they're filling but not high in calories. They're a wonderful side to salads or stir fries or veggies. Add them to tacos or quesadillas.

This is the best chicken breast ever. Go ahead and make these tonight. Don’t miss this recipe! Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox

@templatesyard